- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups cooked black lentils (also called beluga lentils or urad dal)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-½ teaspoon Fajita Seasoning ** see below
- ¼ cups Plain Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Few springs cilantro (optional)
Put the lemon juice, lime juice, lentils, salt, fajita seasoning and cilantro, Greek yogurt (optional) into your blender or food processor. Put the lid on. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth consistency is reached.
Keeps in the refrigerator 3-4 days. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
*If you do not have cooked lentils on hand: Sort 1 cup of uncooked lentils, taking out any bits of soil or rock. Put uncooked lentils in a pot with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for about 45 minutes. Drain and rinse. Let lentils cool to room temperature before making the lentil dip.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use as needed in recipes calling for fajita or taco seasoning.