The Kitchen Pixies discourage the use of packaged seasoning mixes because they are quite expensive compared to the few pennies worth of ingredients in them. Additionally, making your own allows you to control salt and other additives your family may not want to eat.
Mexican Spice Mix
(Yield: approximately 5-1/2 tablespoons)
Approximately 2 tablespoons equals 1 store-bought seasoning packet.
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use as needed in recipes calling for fajita or taco seasoning.
- Store in an air-tight container.