|Pictured in the lower right corner along with our other fabulous bean dip recipes!|
Creamy Red Lentil and Sundried Tomato Dip
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry red lentils
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1-8 oz (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (60 mL) oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) “Salisbury Fair” blend or dried thyme
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- In a small saucepan, cover the lentils with water by an inch or two, bring to a boil and simmer until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat a skillet over low to medium heat, then add the oil and garlic and cook for about a minute (don’t let the garlic brown).
- Add the drained lentils, the cream cheese, tomatoes, lemon juice, thyme and salt. Break up the cream cheese into pieces with a spoon, and heat until the cheese is melted and everything is well combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve with pita, bread sticks, and/or cut vegetables alongside for scooping up the warm dip.
- Makes about 2 cups, serving 4-6 as an appetizer. Can be made a day or two ahead and kept in the fridge, then reheated just before serving.
Taken from: Lentils.ca